Check out our
daily specials & restaurant news:
Tonight's special is Ragda Sev Puri! Our dinner thalis are Palak Chicken and Aloo Gobi.
Tonight's special is Smoked Maharaja Lamb Burgers! Our dinner thalis are Butter Chicken and Aloo Gobi.
Tonight's special is Smoked Maharajah Lamb Burgers! Our dinner thalis are Malai Chicken and Andhra Mixed Vegetable Kurma.
What is Indian Street Food? Street vendors, usually specializing in a single dish, gather in the streets, and byways of India, and prepare fresh food for people on the go. All the words and pictures in the world can’t tell you what it’s like to bite into a multi-layered samosa, smothered in tamarind and mint chutney, nor what real chai tastes like, nor can they explain just how good this food is . . . But we’re going to try to convey the harmony of textures, flavors (sweet, savory, sour, salty, and spicy), aromas, and overall sensations that make up Chai Pani’s Indian Street Food. At Chai Pani, we serve a range of traditional Indian Street Food, drinks, and thalis, but we also celebrate the innovation and evolution of food. Before the Portuguese brought the chili pepper to Goa in the early 1600’s, India had never tasted the fiery possibilities. Before the Beatles traveled to India, most Americans had never heard a sitar! To know true culinary bliss, you simply have to try it.
Food Philosophy & Sourcing
- We purchase fresh produce daily from local purveyors and source from local farms when possible.
- We use all natural, free range, sustainably raised chicken from Ashley Farms.
- We buy sustainably raised American lamb processed by Marcho Farms, PA.
- Our tilapia comes from South America in accordance with the Monterey Bay Sustainable Seafood Watch Program guidelines.
- Our catfish is all natural, NC farm raised, with no antibiotics or chemicals, in ponds filled with well & rain water.
- We cook only in pure trans-fat free canola oil or ghee (clarified butter).
- We use no artificial flavors, coloring or ingredients in anything, ever.
- We roast and grind our own spice blends, and make all our chutneys and sauces in-house.
- We don’t serve on disposables to reduce waste in landfills.
- Our to go containers are compostable, eco-friendly & biodegradable.
- All our compost goes to Love is Love Farms.
- We recycle all paper, cardboard, plastic, glass & metal.